Ponsonby Precinct - Studio One Toi Tū
Iconic heritage building on Ponsonby Road
Ponsonby - Auckland City
Price is Negotiable / Price (P/D)
Formerly a police station, this iconic brick building on Ponsonby Road has been converted into a multi-use community art space.
The facility spaces include:
- Large open space for events and pop-up exhibitions
- 'Messy rooms' for art making including sculpture studio and art classrooms
- Meeting rooms
- Separate villa / pottery studio
- Cell block / artist studios
As a heritage site, the original character has been preserved in the following areas of the precinct:
- Cell block (including original padded cell) now used as artist studios.
- Converted brick toilet block
- Thoroughfare converted into a 'sidewalk gallery'
- Villa used as a sculpture studio
Spaces vary in size and description from large open spaces with natural light, dark character sites to a mural wall feature.
Central location, close to all amenities. Parking is available on-site. Also includes large deck and break-out spaces, garden area, kitchen and access to a separate toilet block.
All spaces are available for hire by negotiation. Please contact Studio One Toi Tu for further information or visit the website for a floor plan or other Shared Space listings for photos.