Stunning Event Space - The Great Hall
A UNESCO award-winning heritage building, perfect for your next event.
Christchurch City Centre - Christchurch City
Price is Negotiable / Price (P/H)
· Significant heritage landmark designed by Benjamin Mountfort
· Central city location
· Renowned for excellent acoustics
· Outstanding photo opportunities
· Perfect choice for weddings, dinners, exhibition and themed events
The Great Hall at The Arts Centre Te Matatiki Toi Ora is a UNESCO award-winning heritage building. It is a landmark building with modern heating, lighting and sound. Perfect for a variety of events and functions including gala dinners, business events, exhibitions and weddings.
Built in 1882, The Great Hall was extensively strengthened, repaired and restored post-earthquake and reopened to the public in June 2016. A special feature of the building is the Memorial Window designed by Martin Travers and originally installed in 1938. It comprises of 4,000 individual pieces of glass. The window was rededicated to the memory of all staff and students who served in World War One.
- Theatre (Rows of 7 + 7) 217 people plus stage seating (max. 30 people)
- 10 seater round tables (13 tables) 130 people + 8 at head tables
- 6 seater round tables (21 tables) 126 people + 8 at head tables
- 3 rows rectangle tables with spaces (27 tables) 114 people + 8 at head tables
- 3 rows rectangle tables no spaces 108 people + 8 at head tables
- Cocktail (30 tables) 250 people maximum
Full Day 9am - 11.30pm
$2000+GST per day including chairs
$3000+GST for all equipment (chairs, basic lighting, sound and piano hire) included.
Please contact us if you are a community group or have charitable status to discuss rates.
$1000 bond (no GST applicable)
The Arts Centre will advise on external costings
for security and catering depending on the event.
Contact us today to discuss your event.
Amenities & Services
- Sound System
- Lighting System