St Matthew in the City - Church Events Venue
St Matthew-in-the-City: Where the Sacred Meets the Fabulous
Auckland City - Auckland City
Total Area (m2)
The classic architecture, atmosphere and spirituality of this place will add a unique quality to your event, wedding or concert.
Built in Auckland's central city in 1905, the stone church's majestic neo-Gothic style, ornate stained glass windows and polished oak and Kauri pews give it an air of historic charm and spiritual grandeur unmatched by any establishment in the area.
St Matthew’s can accommodate a maximum 250 guests for a banquet and a maximum of 450 guests for a stand-up cocktail function. The Concert and Theatre seating is 400.
Flat fee: $3990+GST includes
* Pack-in from 9am on the day with the event concluding by 1am;
* Pack-out concluded no later than 3am (2am on Saturday night);
* Labour to clear and reset the nave (pew moving);
* Security (service of 2 security guards for up to 6 hours);
* Professional cleaning.
Rates for not-for-profit organisations and Concert rates available from our Events Manager.
Wedding fee: $1,390.00 (GST Incl.) covers
* Use of the church for 100 minutes on the day (40 minutes for guests to arrive and decoration + 60 minutes for the ceremony and clean up);
* Service of our Clergy, Organist and Verger (supervisor);
* Up to one-hour rehearsal during Office hours (Monday-Friday 10am-5pm);
* Use of the sound system;
* Silk flower arrangement;
* Use of an up-right piano;
* Unity Candle;
* In-house heating during cold months;
* Administrative cost.
The nearest parking facility to the church is Wilson Parking.
Other parking is available at the SKYCITY Carpark, Atrium carpark (entrance is through the Crowne Plaza Hotel entry on Albert Street) and Civic Car Park (entry at Greys Ave and Mayoral Drive).
The church is usually available for both day and evening events Monday to Saturday, and Sunday afternoon.
Contact Dmitry today to secure your preferred date or to get a quote for your function. You are welcome to come and view the venue (Monday to Friday, 10am-5pm).
Celebrate your event in one of the most beautiful churches of New Zealand.
DEPOSIT REFUND POLICY (COVID-19)
If you are not able to proceed with your booking due to an Alert Level in effect at that time (the Alert Level which doesn't allow mass gatherings indoors), your deposit will be either fully refunded or transferred in full to a new date.